For the past 15 years I have worked with children, adolescents and adults across a number of different settings and have spent my working-life dedicated to creating a safe and accessible space for the people with whom I work.
I hold both a Bachelor of Science Degree and Post-graduate Diploma in Psychology and full registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
My experience includes working with adults and young people who have experienced the following: significant childhood trauma; parents and caregivers experiencing attachment difficulties and parenting challenges; children and adolescents who have engaged in abusive or problematic sexual behaviour; individuals with drug and alcohol addictions and homeless young people suffering with a range of mental health concerns. I have also worked closely with refugees and asylum seekers on Christmas Island and more recently as a private practitioner working with individuals experiencing a wide range of presenting concerns. I have worked for a number of both government and non-government organisations throughout Australia and the United States.
The range of therapies that I utilise are drawn from evidence-based research findings in psychology, family systems, and neurobiology. Additionally, I specialise in deeper psychological mind/body-oriented therapies that bring a more holistic and integrative approach to your well-being. I tailor all sessions and therapeutic approaches to best meet your needs at the time. Your emotional and physical safety within the therapeutic space is paramount.
My areas of Interest and expertise include but are not limited to:
- Survivors of childhood trauma (physical, sexual, emotional)
- Complex trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Adolescent concerns (self-harm, bullying, body image and self-confidence)
- Problematic sexual behaviour or sexual offending
- Mood, Depression and Anxiety concerns
- Gender-related concerns
- Attachment disruptions
- Family system concerns
- Intergenerational patterns
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Chronic illness and other health issues
- Emotional and nervous system dysregulation
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma, Psychology
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) – Level 1 & 2
- Somatic Experiencing Level l/ll, lll/lV
- Theraplay Level 1
- ‘TeamUp’ Registered Triad Facilitator
- Life Story Work Training
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Zenergy Kids Yoga Teacher Training (Foundations)
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency- PSY0001800292
Referral and rebates that may apply to you
- Medicare rebates apply with a Mental Health care Plan from your Doctor
- Self-referrals are welcomed
- Private Health Fund rebates may apply
Skype & Online Services
If you do not live in Perth and would still like to access services, I am able to provide online services including video conferencing sessions on Skype, Facetime, or Zoom platforms. This service makes getting support simple and convenient and is particularly beneficial for people who have physical or emotional challenges that prevent them from travelling. For more information on these services, please contact me directly.