The therapeutic approaches I employ include the following modalities:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- PACE : Trauma Informed Therapy for Adolescents
- Narrative and Compassionate Mind Therapy (CMT: Gilbert)
- Logotherapy (Frankl et al.)
- Schema Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Holistic, Trauma and Attachment Informed Therapies
I maintain a highly collaborative style of therapy that tailors our work together with modalities and treatments relevant to your needs.
My appreciation and respect of the therapeutic encounter has been nourished by my lived experience of recovery and healing. I have not solely trained academically, I have ‘walked my talk’ so to speak, addressing my own healing which has enriched my empathic understanding of the courage that is sometimes needed to enter into therapy in the first place.
My earlier Australian psychology career is extensive and broad, commencing with periods working with refugees and homeless men. I then worked in suicide prevention, before moving across to a dual role as psychotherapist and Triage Officer on the Commonwealth ATAPS (Access to Allied Psychological Services) programme for over three years, and was concurrently a member of the SPOT (Specialist Psychological Outreach Team) working with young people in crisis and distress.
I have also worked as a professional lecturer in psychology in the United Kingdom before moving to Australia and falling in love with Fremantle!