What I Offer:
I am a psychotherapist, family and relationship therapist, life coach, writer and lawyer.
I offer professional psychotherapy and counselling for individuals, couples and families.
I have a background of over 20 years’ of commercial, legal and strategic policy experience in Western Australia, in both the private and public sectors. Ten years ago I commenced my training in life coaching, personal development, psychotherapy and focused on my writing.
I am passionate about supporting people to have meaningful and fulfilling lives.
My interests include:
- anxiety, depression, anger, stress and trauma
- wellbeing, self-discovery and personal development
- professional development and workplace issues
- interpersonal and relationship issues
- multicultural and racial identity
Working with individuals
I support people to manage difficulties, meet the challenges and obstacles of life, and facilitate growth in the face of adversity.
I work with clients to identify and apply their strengths, resources, capabilities and skills.
I also offer professional development for workplace issues and to provide support for demanding careers.
Working with couples
All relationships are constantly cycling through the stages of harmony, disharmony, and repair. And it is the journey through disharmony and repair that can make your relationship stronger.
– Terrence Real
I work with couples to understand their journey of disharmony and repair. I support couples to more clearly identify their needs, understand their conflicts, develop the communication skills needed to repair their relationship, and to take positive and decisive actions to foster intimacy and connection.
Working with families
I work with families to improve interactions between family members, and to support the family to respond to an individual member facing difficulties.
Family therapy views conflict and difficulties as part of the systems within and around the family, as opposed to viewing problems as residing in an individual member.
Reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- when a child is having problems (such as with school attendance, eating disorders, stress and anxiety)
- a major change that affects the family
- conflict between parents, separation or divorce
- conflict arising in the family system (such as between mother and daughter, father and son, and between siblings)
- parenting issues (such as setting boundaries, cultural values and resolving differences)
- adjustment to new family members and blended families
- family business issues (such as transitions, separations and disputes). Your personal and family business matters will be treated with absolute respect and confidentiality.
- Graduate Diploma Family and Relationship Therapy (completing 2021)
- Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Life Coaching
- Bachelor of Laws (first class hons)
- Bachelor of Arts, English and Comparative Literature
Referrals not required.
I have a current working with children check.
Medicare and private health rebates do not apply.
Professional development sessions may be tax deductable.