B.Psych., B.A., M. Psych., Grad. Dip. (O.T.), M.A.P.S.
Clinical Psychologist, Gestalt Therapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Occupational Therapist In Perth & Fremantle
I am a Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist and Occupational Therapist with over 30 years experience. Previously, I have worked in different therapeutic settings ranging from Psychiatric Hospitals, Youth Counselling Services, Relationship, and Sexual Health Clinics in Australia and Germany.
I have trained in a number of therapeutic modalities (Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Emotion-Focused Couple Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness, Psychodrama & Family Therapy) that I have integrated into my counselling and psychotherapeutic practice.
My professional and personal background has provided me with a vast amount of experience that has equipped me to work with clients across a wide age range presenting with a variety of difficulties such as:
- Anxiety, Panic and Phobias
- Trauma (Sexual, Physical, Emotional and Mental)
- Sexual Health and Sexual Difficulties
- Relationship Difficulties
- Stress/Traumatic Stress
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Family of Origin Issues
- Self-Esteem, Confidence and Self-Worth Problems
- Adjustment to Change
- Unplanned Pregnancy, Fertility Issues and Pregnancy Loss
I also have teaching experience as a lecturer, trainer and presenter in Germany and Australia with the School of Occupational Therapy in Dusseldorf, the Gestalt Therapy Institute of Perth and the School of Psychology Murdoch University Western Australia.
- Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Accredited Psychotherapist
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Clinical Member of the Australian Psychological Society (M.A.P.S.)
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Private Health Fund may apply
- Medicare rebates may apply
- Self referrals are welcomed
- Confidentiality is assured
- Hurtz, W., & Durkin, K. (1997). Gender role stereotyping in Australian radio commercials. Sex Roles, 36, 103-114.
- Hurtz, W., & Durkin, K. (2004). The effects of gender-stereotyped radio commercials. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 34, 1974 – 1992.
- More information on Find a Psychologist in Perth
Telephone: (08) 9430 9533